Friday 9 September 2016

My WIMBIZ Story by Foluso Gbadamosi




My name is Foluso Gbadamosi and I absolutely love WIMBIZ. My most impactful experience with WIMBIZ was in 2015 when I took the Women on Boards program that lasted for 3 months in collaboration with the IE Business School, Madrid. I had recently been appointed to the Board of Industrial & General Insurance Company and heard about this leadership development course specifically tailored for women like myself. The course balanced all aspects of being a board member including skills like personal-branding and communication skills. It fit very well into my schedule because it was a mixture of online and face-to-face classes both in Lagos and Madrid. After taking that course, I got more involved with WIMBIZ, becoming an Associate member. I have since taken more courses and attended several events.



WIMBIZ has impacted several aspects of my professional life. Outside of my 9-5 job, I juggle several other passions that WIMBIZ has helped me realize and improve upon. I co-founded and sit on the board of a technology company called 8191 Solutions which caters to SMEs, a passion brought alive through some of my WIMBIZ interactions. I also co-founded a non-profit organization called Serving with Love, which has been in existence for about 3 years and has now been properly structured, also motivated by my WIMBIZ interactions. Finally, managing all the several hats I wear has been made easier due to learning from several WIMBIZ mentors. 

Being a part of such an amazing organization with so many excellent resources has been of great benefit to me. I have been inspired to be my best self, improving my skills through the training I have received. I have also learnt that I am an ambassador not just for myself but for other women as well. I have had the opportunity to network and meet with many amazing women who have become a part of my daily life.

2 comments:

  1. Inspiring! Proud of your achievements and most especially the "speak-out". The women you are mentoring and the ones you will mentor are so lucky!!! Watching your star shine Girlfriend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your story. An inspiring read! All the best in your new role as board member.

    ReplyDelete