Thursday 2 July 2015

MY WIMBIZ Story by Adejoke Layi-Babatunde



MY WIMBIZ STORY

"Any time women come together with a collective intention, it's a powerful thing. Whether it's sitting down making a quilt, in a kitchen preparing a meal, in a club reading the same book, or around the table playing cards, or planning a birthday party, when women come together with a collective intention, magic happens."
Phylicia Rashad
(Phylicia Rashad is an American Tony Award-winning actress and stage director)






My name is Adejoke Layi-Babatunde and I am the Deputy C.E.O of Lawbreed Limited - Publishers of Judgments of the Supreme Court of Nigeria and other Law Books established in 1994.
I have attended the last 6 Annual conferences, usually held around the month of November but turning point however came when I attended the annual conference of 2 years ago on Technology with Dr. Omobola Johnson as one of the keynote speakers and Chaired by Hon. Justice Aloma Mukhtar, CJN (Rtd). It was an eye opener for me as prior to that time. I had not embraced particularly, the social media aspect of technology and how it can impact my business. I used to view Social Media as a toy in the hands of young people only but after that particular conference and the insights I received then, my organization has become a better brand because of it, so thank you WIMBIZ for truly being a "catalyst" in this regard. Everywhere I go both locally and internationally I get a great feedback on how our audiences are better people by connecting with us on that platform. I dare say that companies who ignore technology/social media do so at a peril to their products and brand.

Now I am an associate and I'm proud to be. WIMBIZ has touched me personally and my brand is on a right footing technology wise. I have reconnected with old friends and made new ones, enriching my life. I have met great, inspirational and phenomenal Women too.
My deep thanks to people who made my journey into WIMBIZ easy - My friends, Bisi Alabi Williams, My Sister and Friend Yinka Ogunde (Mrs.), Mrs. Adeola Azeez, Mrs. Morin Desalu and Mrs May Mbu. I honour you.

WIMBIZ is truly a platform where "Women empower Women".

1 comment:

  1. Most of the blogs pretend themselves as most usable and updated blogs with new information but sometime truth might different. I want to share some facts related to this subject which will help people to enhance their skills.
    ตกแต่งภายใน

    ReplyDelete