Thursday 7 January 2016

Highlights From WIMBIZ 14th Annual Conference

It has been a few months since we held the 14th Annual WIMBIZ Annual Conference. If you were then you will remember this quote made by Edith Kahbang Walla, CEO, Strategies! and a former Presidential Candidate from Cameroon while speaking on the "Take a Political Stand" plenary session. 




DVD's will be made available shortly but till then, enjoy these highlights. We hope you have saved November 3rd & 4th, 2016 for our 15th Annual Conference. We look forward to seeing you there.  

Following the Annual Conference, we have been receiving a lot of feedback from the over 1000 women in attendance. Kindly find below some of the feedback we have gotten along with pictures from the event.

"I will like to thank the organizers of the Conference for the inclusion of women breaking 'glass ceilings' in countries across Africa. I was especially impacted by the political plenary, as I have considered going into politics in a serving capacity but had been wary of the 'dirty' aspect. It was very encouraging to know that my possession of a voter's registration card as well as membership of a political party were good enough to start with. I will endeavor to work towards getting more involved in the affairs of the polity towards the 2019 elections."- Folasade Adeniji


"I am proud to have been a first-time participant of that laudable conference, having followed WIMBIZ developments since 2003. I got introduced to the platform through Genevieve magazine that year and I have yet to get over the fact that I have only just attended the Conference this year. Listening to those amazing panelist, simply strengthened my faith in the emancipation of women and the fact that we can change the negative narratives about us, as well as step up, stand out, blend in or break out., I cannot wait for 2016....Hope to see you then"- Binta
"I am really grateful for the opportunity to have been at the Conference this year. It was an eye opener and a really inspiring experience for me. The plenary sessions were awesome. Thank you" Ada Enyinnaya


For more pictures from #WIMBIZAnnualConference, click here

3 comments:

  1. It's nice to see women accepting a lead role in their career and doing it well. This platform will in the nearest future propel women to a greater height.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. How can I be part of this Amazing conference this year. Please, I will need details on how to register and be able to attend the conference this 2016. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Onyeka, keep following us on here and once we have additional information to share you will find it on here.

      Delete